Cleaning up after masturbation
This lesson supports the completion of the end part of a sequence of acceptable behaviours once masturbation is finished.
Foundation Knowledge includes awareness of public and private behaviours and spaces. Parents and carers may also need to be aware of any motor difficulties that may make this part of the masturbatory sequence difficult for their student/client/child and explore ways to provide additional appropriate support.
- Sequencing: putting the images in the correct order
- Public/Private: Reinforcing the idea that masturbation is a private behaviour and cleaning up after masturbation is also private.
- Role Play: walking through the steps pretending to clean up.
- Accessibility: ensuring your student knows where a safe and private place is for them to masturbate and placing tissues and a bin in this area.
- Flipsides: what happens if you don’t clean up after masturbating? how would other people react if you didn’t clean up? how would your hands feel if you didn’t wash them after masturbating? how would you feel if someone complained about you not cleaning up?
- Social stories: create a personalised story to support appropriate masturbation behaviours that includes cleaning up afterwards.
- Consider alternatives: If cleaning up is difficult or problematic consider encouraging masturbation just in the shower.