Awareness of sexually transmitted infections
This lesson aims to provide safer sex education with awareness of STI’s, ways of preventing them, and when and how to organise a sexual health check. The advanced concepts version has further information about procedures involved in sexual health checks.
Foundation knowledge includes awareness of public and private talk, body parts, and behaviours.
- Condom use demonstrations on artificial models
- Turn condoms into dams
- Invite a sexual health professional to talk to a small group
- Consequences: discuss what could happen if an infection goes untreated; discuss what could happen if someone doesn’t know they have an infection
- Flipside: how would you feel if someone asked you to have sex without a condom? when could someone have sex without a condom?
- Watch educational clips about young people and STIs
- Identify who your student could safely talk to about STIs.